Saturday, July 10, 2010

Seven on Saturday

Other bloggers I read do "Ten on Tuesday," so I thought I would mix it up a little bit and do
"Seven on Saturday." I am nothing if not at least somewhat original.

1. I am now officially a Delawarean -- I have a Delaware driver's license, license plates, the whole nine yards. Two and a half hours at the DMV. And I thought it was bad in Chicago. I also registered to vote and I have a library card. And I think I've finally memorized my new phone number -- if not my office number yet.

2. Going to the Farmer's Market in the rain this morning might not have been the best idea I have ever had. But, I do have fresh sweet corn, plums, green beans, and cucumbers to show for it. And bread and butter pickles and stilton blue cheese with mango and ginger. I didn't realize that there was such a large Amish population in this area, but there is. The food they bring to the Farmer's Market is amazing.

3. I had a Pecan Pie Blizzard from the Dairy Queen last night. Not a big fan. It was sickeningly sweet. The pecans tasted great, though. I think I prefer the Turtle Blizzard. Chocolate makes just about everything better.

4. It is taking me much longer than I thought it would to get my office in order. Things just aren't coming together. Of course, it probably doesn't help that I decided mid organization to revisit the way I had been classifying some of my books. Why, I am not sure.

5. There is a drug store in town called "Happy Harry's." Maybe it's just me, but I just can't bring myself to have any prescriptions filled at a drug store called "Happy Harry's." It sounds like something from an SNL skit.

6. Several of the songs from "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" are looping in my head right now. Loved the show, like the music, but is very very very nice very very very very very very... annoying over and over!

7. I wonder if anyone at all is reading my blog, except for me. It's kind of strange, it is. To be writing, thinking somebody might be reading, but never really knowing. I seem to be on a Broadway musical kick of some sort, so please bear with me. I am thinking about Seussical, when Horton's clover with the small speck of dust is about to be boiled in oil. He starts calling to the Whos "Are you there?" and they try to respond, albeit weakly, "We are here, we are here..." How about you? Are you here?

Wow. I can't imagine coming up with ten of those. Seven was enough of a challenge for me.

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading through Google Reader so I won't show up in your stats usually, but I'm here! Glad you are settling in and that you're blogging!!

    ReplyDelete